Nestled among the vines of Cos d’Estournel, the Chartreuse is the private residence of Michel Reybier and his family.
- - Private Château
- - Chef
- - 8 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms
- - House Manager
- - Indoor pool
- - Wine Cellar
- - Outdoor pool
- - Wine tasting
- - Spa
- - Vineyards tour
- - Gardens
- - Concierge service
- - Terrace
- - Breakfast, lunch, diner and wines included
A luxurious family retreat
A discreetly luxurious haven tucked behind the main edifice, the Chartreuse is the private residence of Michel Reybier, owner of the estate since 2000.
Nestled in the heart of the Cos d’Estournel vineyard, the Chartreuse has the discreet charm and elegance of a family house, where you will be welcomed like a friend for a tailor-made stay. Made available in its entirety, the owner’s home is a true haven of understated luxury, allowing you to live the château life at first hand. To round off this unique experience, you will get a taste of the chef’s cuisine matched with the property’s superb wines, complementing the finest local products.
The residence, sleeping up to 16 guests in 6 bedrooms and 2 suites, offers all the expected of a Bordeaux chateau, whilst emulating character and style that is entirely individual, with themes from Asia, in homage to the travels and exotic life led by the founder of the estate.
At the château, the breathtaking vat room awaits you. Renovated in 2008, it was the first in Bordeaux to be entirely based on the laws of gravity. As you taste the wines in the vats or while they are aging in the barrel, you will become privy to some of the deepest secrets of our wines and how they are made.
Your journey will culminate in an unforgettable tasting of some of the most remarkable vintages of Cos d’Estournel, carefully selected for you among the precious nectars ageing peacefully under the Pagodas of the estate.
At a glance
- Luxurious Château residence with 6 bedrooms, 2 suites with private balconies, surrounded by gardens featuring a beautiful fountain.
- The interiors, designed by Jacques Garcia, are the perfect balance of classic elegance and regal opulence, dressed with the finest silks and sumptuous velvets, antique furniture and ornaments, complemented by magnificent artwork and murals.
- The home manager team, take care of you, providing a refined service and ensuring that each experience of the residence is entirely bespoke. A housekeeper and private chef are always on hand, serving breakfasts, lunches out on the terrace, and exceptional gourmet dinners, with the house sommelier specially pairing each meal with the perfect wine.
- Experience the luxury of the residence, drinking the Chateaux’s vintages on the terrace, reading by the fire in the well stocked library, swimming in the indoor or 15 m outdoor pool and relaxing in the spa or in the sun’s rays on the patio overlooking the garden.
- Start your evenings in front of a roaring fire, or celebrate with your family a delicious meal prepared especially for you by your private Chef.
- During your stay at the Chartreuse, go behind the scenes to experience life on the vineyard and get to know its wines intimately. As a special guest of the estate, you will be guided through the winemaking process by the technical team.
- For your most special occasions, the celebrations will be tailor made, be it a candlelit dinner, an evening of live chamber music or an extravagant fireworks display.
- For lovers of sand and surf, the Atlantic Coast is the perfect day-trip destination, whether you choose to enjoy it from the golden-hued sand dunes or out on the sparkling waters of Arcachon Bay.
- It is possible to rent the beautiful private residence per day.
- We only make reservations on request, meaning our personalised offers are guaranteed to be the best available, and exclusive to our guests. Your reservation will be confirmed 24 hours after request. It then becomes definitive, and you will immediately receive an email confirmation with the details of your booking.
Enjoy the local area
Cos d’Estournel is an ideal starting point for visiting the Médoc region, the city of Bordeaux and the Atlantic Coast. Embark upon an original journey during which your guide will reveal many of the hidden gems of the region.
Designed especially for you, your visit will be like no other. Make the most surprising encounters and discover sites well off the beaten track, from charming village churches or secret springs hidden between rows of vines at the Goulée lighthouse to small islands tucked away in the meanders of the Gironde Estuary.
Your custom-designed tour of Bordeaux will reveal all the city has to offer, from historical, architectural, cultural and culinary perspectives.
And for lovers of sand and surf, the Atlantic Coast is the perfect day-trip destination, whether you choose to enjoy it from the golden-hued sand dunes or out on the sparkling waters of Arcachon Bay.
Bordeaux Airport: 1 hour drive or 20 min helicopter
Bordeaux: 1h15 drive or 25 min helicopter
Saint-Émilion: 1h30 drive or 20 min helicopter
Arcachon: 1h30 drive or 25 min helicopter
Cap Ferret: 1h drive or 25 min helicopter
Île de Ré: 2h45 drive or 35 min helicopter
- Access to thermal area
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast included
- Butler service
- Coffee maker
- Concierge Service
- Full equipped kitchen
- Laundry Room
- Massage Table
- Smart TV
- Villa host service
- Wine cellar
Linen & Supplies
- Bathroom amenities
- Pool Towels
Entertainment & Experiences
- Cooking class
- Helicopter Pad
- Helicopter services
- Limo service
- Steam room
- Swimming pool
- Wine tasting
- Sun Loungers
- Swimming pool
- Limo service
- Wedding service
- Yoga or Pilates teacher
- Pets allowed
- Wheelchair Accessible