After being an abbey and a large farm, the Badia di Pomaio has been reborn as a 5-star resort, a prestigious hospitality, hotel and restaurant business.
- - Fourteen rooms and suites
- - Breakfast included
- - Eco-friendly hotel
- - The Restaurant
- - Panoramic swimming pool
- - The Bar Serra
- - Healthy environment
- - Vegetable gardens
- - Organic food and wines
- - Walking trails
Eternal Tuscan paradise
A jewel set among green rolling hills and olive groves, this glorious 17th-century restored abbey located a short drive from Arezzo has thrown open its
doors after two years of renovation. Every stone in Badia di Pomaio remembers its history.
Italian designer Ilaria Miani and local craftspeople skillfully preserved the monastic elements while infusing the historic landmark with modern design.
Raw materials and clean lines provide the perfect backdrop for the arched ceilings, exposed wooden beams and stunning brickwork, blending together into a canvas of cosy elegance
The suites offer comfort, relaxation and tranquility. In this place full of beauty, each bedroom is a unique piece: the materials used recall the Tuscan territory and refer to nature, and the contemporary design is combined with the restored details of the old Abbey, such as the beautiful ceilings with wooden beams. original wood.
The refined rooms offer breathtaking views of the Tuscan countryside.
After a dip in the garden’s infinity pool, indulge in the cuisine of well-known Tuscan chef Davide Canella and in the homegrown fruits and vegetables he and his team use.
At a glance
- The property was renovated in a way using only natural materials and local craftsmen. A place of peace, mystical and linked to nature in an inseparable way.
- The simple elegance of the rooms is a mirror of the nature in which the property is immersed, of its tranquility and its humble beauty. The walls of the abbey have preserved the memory and energy of the monks' prayers and each room has its own history and secrets.
- Relax by the pool and let the quiet of the forest calm your spirit. Here you can find the real you and feel part of nature, both inside and outside the abbey.
- A revisited Tuscan cuisine in which tradition and technique come together to offer guests an authentic experience on the gastronomy of this land, using local products and in particular vegetables and herbs from their own garden.
- Sommelier Mario Giunti has carefully selected labels that represent Italy, with particular attention to Tuscany, in an attempt to offer you the best products of the commitment of their winemakers.
- Lovers of jogging, cycling and Nordic walking are spoiled for choice, because the paths around the Badia are perfectly suited to this kind of sporting activity.
- Fruits and vegetables are grown in the kitchen gardens. Honey and olive are produced on site. There are more than 350 olive trees!
- Sit back and enjoy an aperitif. The Bar Serra is a glass and brick structure full of little surprises. The exposed wooden beams and the glass ceiling are designed to create a relaxing and comforting ambiance, seamlessly mixing tradition and modernity.
- For centuries, the bells of Pomaio have accompanied couples on the happiest day of their lives, a place rich in spirituality and surrounded by nature, an enchanted forest where you can welcome your friends and family and create a memorable event.
- It is also possible to rent Badia di pomaio for a private party; A natural terrace with breathtaking views, the cuisine of our chef, the products of our land make this a place where you can share moments of happiness with your loved ones and celebrate the important occasions of your life.
- Badia is the natural backdrop for relaxing and effective business meetings. The conference room is designed to develop a sense of community and give your team the opportunity to turn ideas into reality.
- All prices are VAT and breakfast included, city tax excluded. No pets. Additional bed € 100,- euro Additional cot € 50,- euro.
- We only make reservations on request, meaning our personalised offers are guaranteed to be the best available, and exclusive to our guests. Your reservation will be confirmed 24 hours after request. It then becomes definitive, and you will immediately receive an email confirmation with the details of your booking.
Enjoy the local area
Getting closer to nature is even easier thanks to the many activities that we make available, starting from culinary experiences and wine tastings to sports and relaxing activities.
You will experience a natural and uncontaminated environment where modern noises are nonexistent, a place where you’ll hear only the singing of the birds and the rustling of the branches in the breeze.
It is no coincidence that Sleeping Beauty slept in the woods: living in nature is the best way to sleep long and peacefully in the silence of the night. The peace of the forest is something priceless. Waking up is pleasant at Badia di Pomaio, and breakfast starts the day with natural, organic products.
The paths around Badia, the woods, and the rolling hills in Pomaio offer a wide range of possibilities for lovers of jogging, cycling, Nordic walking, and hiking. Our resort is the perfect setting to try a rich variety of physical activities while exploring the surroundings.
The hotel host their own bees, symbol of a healthy and immaculate environment, in a series of small, colorful houses in the middle of a forest of chestnut trees along a small river of clear, fresh water. This magic combination creates a unique chestnut honey, another delicacy ready to be discovered at Badia di Pomaio.
Not only can you taste the organic product of our bees, but they can also assist in the various stages of its production during the year, a unique and exciting experience to remember for years to come.
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast included
- Coffee maker
- Dining Area
- Sun Loungers
- Swimming pool
Linen & Supplies
- Bathroom amenities
- Pool Towels
- Bicycle rental service
- Business facilities
- Celebration venue
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Room service
- Wedding service
- Wine tasting
Entertainment & Experiences
- Swimming pool