A spectacular and traditional Tuscan Villa with gardens, nestled in the hills of Lucca.
- - Garden park estate
- - Renovated villa
- - Six bedroom en-suite
- - Infinity pool
- - In-villa breakfast
- - Indoor heated pool
- - Housekeeping
- - Spa 2 hrs/day
- - Concierge services
- - Hammam 2 hrs/day
- - WIFI
- - Tennis court (2023)
- - Helipad (2023)
A tuscan dream villa
Villa Marie is a beautiful 18th-century property, located just outside of Lucca in the Tuscan countryside. It sleeps up to 12 guests and offers excellent facilities for a luxury getaway with loved ones.
Outdoors, the expansive grounds stretch over two hectares and include a swimming pool, a private lake, and various outdoor living spaces where guests can enjoy al fresco feasts, unwind with a glass of bubbly, or simply soak up the panoramic views.
There are several themed gardens including an Art Garden and a Wedding Garden, of which the latter features a beautiful gazebo with a canopy of white wisteria, perfect for couples exchanging vows. There is also a range of produce grown on site including organic vegetables used by the villa chef, rows of olive trees used to produce extra-virgin olive oil, a kiwi pergola with fruits harvested for jam and candied fruits, and a lemon grove where the fruits are turned into delicious juices, dried fruits and – naturally – limoncello.
In 2023, there will also be a tennis court and a private helipad within the grounds, adding to the luxury experience.
Indoors, the beautifully-restored property perfectly blends traditional features like Tessieri tiles, Murano chandeliers, and antique furniture with modern facilities, including a lift linking all floors. Guests can unwind in the lounges located on each of the three main floors, catch up on a holiday read in the cosy library, host elegant dinner parties in the formal dining room, and prepare delicious feasts in the beautiful country-style kitchen.
The basement is home to a spa area offering complete indulgence. It comprises of a heated swimming pool with hydromassage jets, a sauna, a hammam, a spa treatment room, and a relaxation lounge. The basement also features a well-stocked wine cellar.
There are six comfortable guest bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. All of the bedrooms have king or queen-size beds, which can be converted to twins on request, allowing for flexible sleeping arrangements for different group compositions.
At a glance
- Situated in the quiet village of Vorno in Tuscany, 10 minutes from the historic centre of Lucca. Built in the 18th-century and fully renovated just recently.
- Comprises three separate buildings – the Villa, Casa del Contadino (farmhouse) and Forno (banqueting hall) – and a large garden-park with a lake, an outside swimming pool, a superior indoor SPA; and tennis court plus a private helipad starting from 2022.
- The villa is rented out on a Saturday to Saturday formula during the months of June, July, August and September, the rest of the year a minimum stay of 2 nights is required.
- There are six comfortable guest bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. All of the bedrooms have king or queen-size beds, which can be converted to twins on request, allowing for flexible sleeping arrangements for different group compositions.
- First floor: Pink Room – king-size bed (converted to 2 twins on request) and en-suite bathroom with bathtub/shower. Blue Room – queen-size bed (converted to 2 twins on request) and en-suite bathroom with shower. Yellow Room – king-size bed (converted to 2 twins on request) and en-suite bathroom with shower and bath.
- Top Floor: Turquoise Room – king-size bed (converted to 2 twins on request) and en-suite bathroom with shower. Orange Room – queen-size bed (converted to 2 twins on request) and en-suite bathroom with shower. Green Room – queen-size bed (converted to 2 twins on request) and en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Casa del Contadino: Delightful old farmhouse, which can be used as dependance by your staff on request. Can accommodate up to 6 people and can be used by guests in order to reach 18 beds. Features three double rooms, with en-room bathrooms.
- Stroll in the Central Garden to enjoy the sights and smells of a classical Italian garden. Among them several fountains, hedges and cypresses – all set against an evocative panorama of Tuscan hills.
- Expressly designed for the most special of occasions, the new Wedding Garden is a major attraction of the Villa Marie. In a romantic white marble gazebo conceived by Luc Van Marcke, happy couples may exchange their vows underneath a cascading canopy of white wisteria, surrounded by magnolia trees.
- The chef also takes delivery of the abundant kiwis grown on the 50-metre long pergola. This healthy fruit is turned into Villa Marie’s own jams and candied fruit. Olive trees on site also produce extra-virgin olive oil every year, which mainly ends up in our chef’s scrumptious regional dishes for our valued guests.
- When the sun is out or even on cooler days, you should pass through the swimming pool area. Located on the other side of the Italian Garden, it is the perfect spot for sunbathing or a leisurely swim in the large outdoor swimming pool. Lie on a comfortable bed under a stylish parasol. Relax to the max and take a sip from your refreshing cocktail.
- Villa Marie provides guests with several included services. They include a daily cleaning and tidying service, complimentary breakfast delivered in the villa, plus use of the indoor spa accessible by lift.
- Maid service 6h per day everyday. Outside swimming pool (May –September)/ Indoor swimming pool. Sauna & Hamman included 2 hours per day (reservation in advance required).
- Pets allowed up to 5 kg
- Check in from 5 pm and check out 10 am.
- Rates low season: min 2 nights € 3000,- euro per night and high season / from June-August per week € 30.600,-
- The villa is rented out on a Saturday to Saturday formula during the months of June, July and August. The rest of the year a minimum stay of 2 nights is required.
Enjoy the local area
Villa Marie is located in the quiet village of Vorno, well-known since the 1400s. Its charm has stood the test of time and the authenticity of the village draws local, regional, national and international tourism. Since the 18th century, Vorno has become one of the most desirable places to live around Lucca, especially in summer when high society leaves the crowded city to go to the rural Vorno with its milder temperatures, peace and quiet. Although Vorno is easily accessible from most highways in Tuscany and valleys around Lucca, it remains a secluded gem, which makes it a perfect base for trips throughout Tuscany.
The estate is located 10 minutes from the historical centre of Lucca and 30 minutes from coastal cities like Forte dei Marmi or Viareggio.
Lucca is an iconic Tuscan city, which is 4.5 km from the A12 (Connecting) and the A11, with both highways enabling easy access to many different destinations.
- Activity planning
- Airport transfers
- Car Rental Service
- Concierge Service
- Cooking class
- Laundry service
- Massage services
- Personal assistent
- Pre-Arrival shopping
- Private chef
- Private excursions
- Wedding service
- Wine tasting
- Yoga or Pilates teacher
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast included
- Coffee maker
- Flatscreen TV
- Full equipped kitchen
- Gated Community
- Music System
- Villa host service
Linen & Supplies
- Bathroom amenities
- Pool Towels
- Celebration venue
- Pets allowed
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Private pool
- Sun Loungers
- Swimming pool
Entertainment & Experiences
- Helicopter Pad
- Helicopter services
- Kid amenities
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court