A luxury, 16th century boutique hotel situated on the Grand Canal. One of the eight great Venetian Palazzo, but the only one with two private gardens.
- - 24 rooms including 5 suites
- - Breakfast included
- - Aman Spa
- - Culinary heritage Arva
- - Fitness studio
- - The Palazzo Kitchen Table
- - Private Garden
- - The Canal Garden
- - The Altana Roofterrace
- - The Bar
- - The Salon
- - Tailor-made excursions
- - The Library
Spectaculair canal views, historically significant art and architecture
Set in one of the city’s eight, great monumental palazzos on the Grand Canal, Aman Venice embodies all that is sumptuous and sensuous about La Serenissima – but while its frescoed interiors sate appetites for grandeur, they invoke balance and harmony too. Rococo works of art are offset by the contemporary restraint of Jean-Michel Gathy interiors; private gardens and year-round wellness encourage calming introspection. Combining a reverence to the past and an appreciation of the present, local experts curate authentic, cultural encounters away from the crowds, reaching the heart of Venetian passions.
The Rooms and Signature Rooms, which vary from 47 m2 – 103 m2, feature works by a number of Italy’s greatest artists – including 16th-century architect Sansovino and 18th-century painter Tiepolo. Contemporary furnishings complement authentic silk wall coverings, chandeliers, wood panelling, chinoiserie and painted ceilings, while many Suites offer Grand Canal views.
With the feel of a private home, Aman Venice is ideal for special occasions, from grand parties to intimate meetings. The palazzo setting allows for an unparalleled variety of venues, large and small, indoors and out. A full hotel reservation allows guests unlimited access to the facilities on the piano nobile and the private gardens by the Grand Canal.
At a glance
- Each of Aman Venice’s 24 rooms and suites is individually decorated and includes a kingsize bed and sitting area. The historically important interiors have been sensitively furnished by Jean-Michel Gathy.
- Hidden on a third-floor mezzanine within the palazzo, the modern Aman Spa is an invitingly intimate and tranquil retreat with the bustle of the city. Its three softy lit treatment rooms offer a selection of therapies to balance mind and body, inspired by both Asian healing philosophies and the Italian spa tradition.
- The property has a small Gym on the fourth level of the Palazzo Building. The facility offers aerobic and strengthconditioning equipment, an area for free weights and stretching, and commanding views over the city’s roofline.
- Located on the second piano nobile on the fourth floor is the Salon, a beautiful space overlooking the Grand Canal. Perfect for reading or simply enjoying the quiet of a beautiful room with serene views, it also hosts afternoon tea from 4pm to 6pm in the winter months or when the weather is inclement.
- The palazzo’s historic Library is also located on the fourth floor, adjacent to the Salon, and is a peaceful retreat housing a selection of interesting books from Count Giberto Arrivabene Gonzaga’s personal collection.
- Featuring beautiful frescoes by Tiepolo, the Stanza del Tiepolo is the hotel’s elegant games room, featuring chess and backgammon boards, as well as card and jigsaw tables.
- Accessed via stairs and a lift, Aman Venice’s roof terrace is intimate in scale with panoramic views of the city’s rooftops and St Mark’s bell tower. On a clear day, the Alps can be seen on the horizon.
- Paying tribute to Italy’s rich culinary heritage, Arva is a dining concept brought to life by Aman Venice's Executive Chef Dario Ossola. Situated on the first noble floor, Arva celebrates the shared enjoyment of uncomplicated flavours in a welcoming and convivial atmosphere.
- Experience private, interactive dining with ‘Cook the Lagoon’ held at the newly opened Palazzo Kitchen Table, a unique venue overlooking the 16th century palazzo garden.
- Dine alfresco -during the warmer months- in Aman Venice’s private gardens which boast the city’s finest views over the Grand Canal. Creative inspiration for the Garden menu comes from daily forays to the local Rialto market.
- Overlooking the secret garden beside the Grand Canal, The Bar serves drinks, tea, late-night snacks and light meals from noon until midnight. The Bar at Aman Venice comes with a British twist, a nod to Lord Byron, boasting the largest selection of Gin in the city.
- Aman has a second hidden Private Garden with soaring trees. This garden provides a serene setting for resort guests as well as walking access to San Polo through a private gate.
- Aman Venice can be booked in its entirety for private events and celebrations. Contact us for details.
- We only make reservations on request, meaning our personalised offers are guaranteed to be the best available, and exclusive to our guests. Your reservation will be confirmed 24 hours after request. It then becomes definitive, and you will immediately receive an email confirmation with the details of your booking.
Enjoy the local area
From its canal-side perch in San Polo, Aman Venice is a window into the city’s historic glories and modern-day cultural highs. Priceless art and iconic landmarks reveal themselves at every turn – most just a stroll or short gondola ride away, but for the most unique and memorable encounters, turn to Aman’s experts for insider access to the secrets of the city – from bespoke, chef-led tours of the Rialto market to private boxes for the opera at Le Fenice.
Situated on the Grand Canal in the heart of the city.
Minutes from key cultural attractions such as Rialto Bridge.
35 minutes by boat from Marco Polo Airport.
15 minutes by boat from Piazzale Roma or Santa Lucia railway station.
- Activity planning
- Airport transfers
- Baby equipment
- Chauffeur service
- Cooking class
- Dry cleaning service
- Laundry service
- Private excursions
- Restaurant reservations
- Room service
- Water Taxi Services
- Wedding service
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast included
- Coffee maker
- Flatscreen TV
- Music System
Linen & Supplies
- Bathroom amenities
Entertainment & Experiences
- Board games
- Game room
- Kid amenities
- Private excursions
- Business facilities
- Celebration venue
- Wheelchair Accessible