17th century mansion surrounded by 18 acres of pristine private gardens, lawns and woodland. The gateway to wild beauty, a home to call your own, and the promise to deliver a truly unforgettable experience.
- - Private Highland estate
- - Breakfast included
- - 12 ensuite bedrooms
- - Private chef
- - Dining room for 24 guests
- - Butler Service
- - Whisky library
- - House manager
- - Activities
- - Games/billiards room
At the heart of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands
Nestled in the heart of rugged, breathtaking Highland beauty, close to Queen’s estate at Balmoral and part of the Cairngorms National Park, Candacraig allows guests to unwind in peaceful natural surroundings, with easy access to some of Scotland’s most remarkable sights and experiences.
Candacraig is an exclusive Scottish mansion, immaculately presented to the highest standards, but where the atmosphere is always warm and relaxing. Guests enjoy a unique and memorable experiences, get bespoke hospitality that caters to your particular wants and needs, and always maintaining the exceptional standards one would expect of this luxurious setting.
Alongside the twelve sumptuous ensuite bedrooms providing elegant comfort for up to 24 guests, guests enjoy the benefit of the impressive formal Dining Room, beautiful Drawing Room, and exquisite Whisky Library. Candacraig’s eighteen-acres of private woodland and manicured lawns boast access to a glorious Victorian walled garden, private lochan fed by the celebrated River Don, and even a woodland bonfire area for special moments by the crackle of the warming fire.
There is also access to an outdoor table tennis table, croquet lawn, children’s activity area and a private stretch of the River Don to cast your fishing line. The house is blessed by the breath-taking setting within the stunning Cairngorms National Park. With over 5,000 square kilometres of rugged natural beauty and sensational outdoor pursuits to explore.
At a glance
- Exclusive Scottish mansion with twelve individually styled ensuite bedrooms providing elegant comfort for up to 24 guests. The atmosphere of the house is always warm and relaxing.
- From heart-warming family occasions to unforgettable business retreats, Candacraig’s exclusive facilities will deliver an exceptional experience which will last long in your memory.
- Challenge friends or family to a game on the billiards table in the Candacraig's Games Room or relax with the comfort of a novel by the crackle of the open fire.
- Unwind in the quiet by the fire place or enjoy a lively ceilidh band and a dance in the Drawing Room.
- Enjoy an unique dining experience in the sumptuously presented dining room. The private chef and staff is on hand, freeing the guests to simply sit back and enjoy the wonders of the exceptional local cuisine.
- Host your own private whisky (or gin) tasting with the expert whisky tutor. The whisky library provides a leading selection of single malts and Scottish gins.
- Two interconnecting rooms are suitable for family with children and all bedrooms on the first floor are wheelchair friendly. 9 double and 3 twin rooms, with private bathrooms. Four extra beds available on request.
- Take time to explore the elegance of the Victorian walled garden or enjoy a serene stroll through glorious private woodlands and over manicured lawns.
- Candacraig is open all year round. Check-in time at 2 pm and check-out time at 10 am.
- Guests enjoy exclusive use of our outstanding eighteen acre estate during their stay, with activities ranging from exciting events hosted on our extensive lawns to a calm day fishing by the banks of the River Don or River Dee.
- For an immersive Scottish Highlands experience, the in-house events team can assist in arranging a wonderful array of activities on and close to the estate, along with recommending places and attractions to visit locally.
- As the world famous home of golf, Scotland presents unrivalled opportunity to tee off. Aberdeenshire is blessed with over fifty courses, from stunning links to lush parkland venues. Nearby Royal Aberdeen or Trump International Golf Links rank among some of the best golf courses in Scotland.
- Candacraig also offers the perfect base for the wanderers and adventurers. To the west lies the Queen’s own Highland retreat at Balmoral, while the magnificent route north leads to the promise of whisky in the picturesque Spey Valley. Beautiful Braemar sits on Candacraig’s doorstep, home to spectacular Braemar Castle, just one of the amazing fortifications waiting to be discovered while exploring Aberdeenshire’s sensational Castle Trail.
- Rates shown represent the start rate during low season per night a £ 7800, minimum 2 nights. We only make reservations on request, meaning our personalised offers are guaranteed to be the best available, and exclusive to our guests.sive to our guests.
- Tailored menus to your requirements possible. This can include full Scottish breakfast, lunch or picnic on the hill and dinner. Starting from £120 + VAT per person per day. Complimentary soft drinks, tea/coffee, water, biscuits and fruit available all day.
Enjoy the local area
Nestled in the heart of rugged, breathtaking Highland beauty, Candacraig allows guests to unwind in peaceful natural surroundings, with easy access to some of Scotland’s most remarkable sights and experiences. To the west lies the Queen’s own Highland retreat at Balmoral, while the stunning route north leads to the promise of whisky in the picturesque Spey Valley. The local area also boasts access to some of the finest fishing, golf and outdoor pursuits in Scotland.
On Candacraig’s doorstep you can find the picturesque village of Strathdon, home to the renowned Lonach Gathering, the oldest Highland Games in Scotland. And the house is just an hour’s journey from Aberdeen and Inverness.
- Activity planning
- Extra bed
- Private transfers
- Restaurant reservations
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast included
- Coffee maker
- Flatscreen TV
- Full equipped kitchen
Entertainment & Experiences
- Antique carriage rides
- Board games
- Football Table
- Game room
- Golf course
- Horseback riding
- Kid amenities
- Private excursions
- Table tennis
Linen & Supplies
- Bathroom amenities
- Business facilities
- Celebration venue
- Wheelchair Accessible