The perfect setting for a family reunion, a once-in-a-lifetime holiday with friends or an intimate destination wedding—and the honeymoon after.
- - Nine Suites Castle
- - Breakfast Included
- - Two infinity pools
- - Two Kitchen Gardens
- - Boutique alfresco Spa
- - Organic Gardens
- - Farm to table approach
- - Panoramic terraces
- - Wellness treatments
- - Endless manicured lawns
- - Unique Experiences
Privacy, peace and tranquility
A premier boutique 12th century castle nestled in the unspoilt Maremma in Tuscany.
This luxury hotel offers beautiful views over rolling hills towards the Tyrrhenian Sea and is located between Rome and Florence.
With a choice of nine characterful yet contemporary designed suites, two infinity pools (one set amongst an olive groove and the other perched on a mountainside), two kitchen gardens and exquisite terraces surrounded by 40 hectares of vineyards and olive groves.
Experience wellness treatments in the pure Tuscan nature.
This family run castle retreat captures the charm of a bygone era, yet with modern influences exuding a luxurious, yet home from home feel.
The estate itself offers the opportunity to learn about local produce in the kitchen gardens, take a course in the medieval kitchen or even help with the grape and olive harvests, giving you a sense of the rhythms of Tuscan life.
If you can’t get enough of the region, it’s a 90-minute drive or less to the city of Siena and several beaches on the Mediterranean shore.
At a glance
- Immerse yourself in the Maremman countryside at Castello di Vicarello. One of the premier boutique properties in Tuscany, this luxury vacation affords the amenities of a luxury hotel with the private feel of a residence.
- Antique furnishings rub shoulders with contemporary artwork, ancient Italian ceramics sit happily alongside Indonesian antiques, and state of the art lighting illuminates ornately carved timber and rugged stone.
- The Spa Suite has a hammam, sauna and an outdoor hot tub on the terrace and is just a short walk from the main castle situated.
- Guests can use a smart concierge phone technology for room and poolside service.
- Relax by the infinity pool and take in the stunning views of the surrounding valley or seek total isolation at the second pool set amongst an olive grove.
- The therapists, offering wellbeing and massage therapies. Treatments can be enjoyed in the privacy of your suite or set within the beautiful gardens surrounded by the heady scents of lavender and jasmine.
- It is possible to book a relaxed private yoga class amidst the tranquil country estate. Sooth the mind, body and soul whilst immersed in unspoilt countryside with enchanting views of the Maremma region.
- The hotel offers a farm to table approach, whereby the culinary staff prioritise producing dishes that include ingredients from the hotel’s estate, and small local food producers.
- Enjoy the hotels own red wine in the lounge bar or during the summer, on the terrace-bar while enjoying the stunning country views.
- Spend your days getting a taste of the Tuscan country lifestyle by hiking around the nearly 40 hectares of private land.
- Unique experiences include cooking classes, wine tastings, truffle hunting, outdoor massage treatments, picnic and bbq outdoor dining, yoga classes, horse-back riding, private boat tours, leather-working courses, and natural thermal bath tours are all available to guests, upon request.
- Your stay includes daily breakfast(8.30 am -10.30 am), (non alcoholic from the room mini-bar) beverages, restaurant service, a cocktail bar, housekeeping and a various range of activities.
- It is possible to rent the partial villa rental at a starting price of € 6200 per day with minimum stay of two nights or the exclusive villa rental at a starting price of € 12000 per day with minimum stay of two nights.
- The stunning gardens, fairy-tale castle atmosphere, and breathtaking views provide a magical setting for both small, intimate events and larger weddings.
- Pets are allowed (small dogs) for additional costs and on request. Please include this when making an inquiry.
- Rates shown represents the minimum rate of the Deluxe Grotta and Suite Levante per night in low season. We only make reservations on request, meaning our personalised offers are guaranteed to be the best available, and exclusive to our guests. Your reservation will be confirmed 24 hours after request.
- Free extra when booking through High End Stay; a welcome amenity in room upon arrival and a goodbye gift with the hotels products at the departure.
Enjoy the local area
Florence and Pisa Airports are just under a two-hour drive to Castello di Vicarello.
Nice places to visit by car
75 minute to Siena
1.5 hour to Theral Bath San Filippo
1.5 hour to Thermal Bath Saturnia
2 hour to Firenze
2.5 hour to Rome
2.5 hour to Pisa
3.5 hour to Cinque Terre
Beach Acces by car:
1 hour to Castiglione della Pescaia
1.5 hour to Punta Ala
1 hour to Monte Argentario
- Activity planning
- Airport transfers
- Concierge Service
- Cooking class
- Dry cleaning service
- Laundry service
- Massage services
- Personal trainer
- Private excursions
- Private transfers
- Restaurant reservations
- Room service
- Wedding service
- Wine tasting
- Yoga or Pilates teacher
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast included
- Butler service
- Coffee maker
- Flatscreen TV
Linen & Supplies
- Bathroom amenities
- Pool Towels
- Celebration venue
Entertainment & Experiences
- Cooking class
- Helicopter services
- Horseback riding
- Private excursions
- Swimming pool
- Wine tasting
- Dining Area
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun Loungers