A Masseria 16th century country-house set within a large estate Immersed in olive groves which offers the true atmosphere of a traditional Apulian Masseria overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
- - Luxury Masseria
- - Breakfast included
- - 36 rooms and suites
- - Restaurants
- - Indoor and outdoor pool
- - Two Beach clubs
- - Children playground
- - Bar en Cigar Club
- - Yoga
- - Spa
- - Fitness
- - Free mountain bikes
- - Meeting rooms
- - Parking
Five-star luxury with the atmosphere of an ancient farmhouse
Torre Coccaro is a Masseria set in a vaste estate overlooking the sea dating back to XVI century.
Surrounded by olive groves more than 800 years old, almond trees, carob trees, this tower used to be part of a line of defense of towers watching the invading Saracens, now has been restored in a 5 star country house.
In the main courtyard there is the original chapel from 1730, still holding mass and used has a point of pilgrimage for the fishermen living in the little coastal village of Savelletri. Next to the courtyard we find the ortus conclusus a big vegetable garden surrounded by fortified walls that before used to be the place were they got the limestone to build the Masseria, you can walk under the columnade full of local grapes ripe in august and September and you can see the ingenious methods of irrigation made from old wells and channels using the gravity force.
On the terrace of the tower you find the old pigeon tower used for sending messages during the wars.
In the huge caves there are the old olive mill and the sheep quarters dating back to the year 1000.
Torre Coccaro boasts 44 rooms and 3 private villas with pool, designer outdoor heated pool, a playground, a typical Mediterranean restaurant, a restaurant with live grill, a bar, an Aveda Spa, organic garden, cigar lounge, two private beach clubs and much more…..
The suites and all the other rooms are surrounded by magnificent Olive Groves and are filled with all the modern comforts, a blend of elegance and simplicity. Each of the rooms and suites have a private garden or terrace, Wifi and some include a fireplace or private pool.
At a glance
- A masseria 16th century country-house set within a large estate, immersed in olive groves which offers the true atmosphere of a traditional Apulian Masseria overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
- Each of the rooms and suites features a private garden and patio, WIFI and some include also a fireplace or spa bath. There are also 2 villas available.
- Relax at the designer outdoor heated pool with sun lounger, pool bar and beautiful views.
- There's a children playground area with large waterslides, football, table tennis, trampolines.
- The historic lounges set in the old tower with huge fireplaces, luxury carpets, works of contemporary art and luscious sofas;
- Organic farm with vegetable garden dating back to 17th century built by Benedictine monks with also spice garden.
- The Cigar Lounge with Billiards and a selection of Cuban and Italian cigars. The Antichi Salotti with fireplaces and works of contemporary art. The Library with more than 3000 books on Art, Design, Fashion and Lots of Culture or in the summer.
- The Games Room with billiard room, card games tables and the lounges with the Big Screen.
- Music Room with the sound of the piano or the turntable, vast vinyls collection, guitar, trumpet and with possibility to have piano lessons.
- The Antica Piazza della masseria with large lounges and terraces overlooking the countryside under a sky of stars and of course the Pool Bar with fruit cocktails at sunset.
- Relax at the Aveda Spa with indoor pool, Jacuzzi, Turkish bath, large gym, a range of olive oil treatments Olivetherapy, regular yoga & gym functional training lessons in a beautiful space in 17th century garden, there is also a fantastic osteopath on site and shiatsu therapist.
- Egnathia restaurant in the ancient Masseria with the star vaults of the 17th century of the ancient stables or in the summer under the pergola full of bouganvillae and jasmine and the terraces overlooking the countryside: Mediterranean cuisine of the territory.
- Cabana restaurant by the pool, offers a light menu with fresh and grilled pasta salads and homemade ice cream. Relax under the bougainvillea pergola or directly on the soft loungers by the pool.
- From May to September a free shuttle bus can take you to the 2 fantastic beach clubs. The brand new beach restaurant Le Palme Beach Club with fresh fish and gourmet pizzeria with the Apulian style and Coccaro Beach club overlooking the sea with a lounge bar and the luxury of being able to eat directly on the sun loungers on the beach or in the exclusive restaurant.
- Activities additional costs: horse riding center, cooking school, free mountain bikes for rides to the beach, vintage car tours, wineries, sailing, swimming lessons for children, tennis lessons, language lessons and more....
- Something to celebrate? There is a private chapel for weddings, weddings on the beach. An historic Olive mill for gala dinners and corporate meetings up to 150 persons. Large organic garden surrounded by fortified walls with many secluded corners for lounging Gazebo/green house up to 600 m2 in the antique garden for weddings & meetings up to 300.
- Rates shown, represents a Camera Doppia Superior room per night in low season, with B&B accommodation, VAT and services included.
- Not included in the rates of the room: City Tax as per municipal resolution n°55 of the 28/02/2019:€ 3,- per person for the first 3 days (in May, June, September and October). € 5,- per person for the first 5 days (in July and August). Children up to 12 years old are excluded.
Enjoy the local area
Set amid olive groves between Fasano and the coast, just a 15 minute bike rideNearby & activities:
9 holes + driving range etc. at 400 meter.
18 holes championship golf course (1km) plus 4 more 18 holes golf course in one hour radius.
Clay pigeon shooting
Zoo Safari large – amusement park with rollercoaster rides and visit to live animals
Waterpark with slides and rollercoasters, wave pools etc.
Wineries for visits and wine tasting
Museum of olive oil
Historic villages such as:
Ostuni – a Greek style town overlooking the sea
Lecce – called the Florence of the South a large historic centre completely Baroque
Alberobello – the village of Trulli pretty conic houses UNESCO site
Matera – a town entirely made of caves UNESCO site set for the “Passion of Christ” by Mel Gibson and the new James Bond movie
Monopoli and Polignano a Mare coastal village set on high cliffs for fantastic views of the Mediterranean sea
Fabulous fish and vegetables market set in the historic centre of Monopoli
Castellana Grotte – one of the biggest cave settlement of Europe
- Activity planning
- Car Rental Service
- Chauffeur service
- Concierge Service
- Cooking class
- Laundry service
- Massage services
- Restaurant reservations
- Room service
- Shuttle service
- Water sports services
- Wedding service
- Wine tasting
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast included
- Coffee maker
Entertainment & Experiences
- Antique carriage rides
- Beach club
- Cooking class
- Golf course
- Horseback riding
- Kid amenities
- Private excursions
- Steam room
- Swimming pool
- Table tennis
- Tennis court
- Water sports
- Wine tasting
Linen & Supplies
- Bathroom amenities
- Pool Towels