Lovingly restored four-bedroom home amongst the vineyards with a guest house, pool and pool house in Tuscany.
- - 4 ensuite bedrooms
- - In-villa breakfast service
- - Up to 8 Sleeps
- - Two fine dine restaurants
- - On-site winery and private golf club
- - Access to resort facilities
- - Fireplace
- - Heated outdoor swimming pool
- - Pergola Shaded panoramic terrace
- - Daily housekeeping
- - Air-conditioning
- - Free WiFi
- - Private Helipad on the estate
Luxurious Tuscan retreat
Located in Montalcino, Tuscany, in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Val d’Orcia, Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco is set within a 5,000-acre, 800-year-old Italian estate. The estate offers besides 42 suites, eleven one-of-a-kind villas dot the countryside at the resort. Crafted from 17th- and 18th-century farmhouses and lovingly restored, the wonderfully private homes feature heated infinity pools, terraces and gardens with views of the beautiful Tuscan landscape. All include fully equipped kitchens.
The private, two-storey domicile has been carefully restored to reveal the authentic Tuscan craftsmanship of the original stone walls and timbered ceilings. Modern comforts and luxurious furnishings lend the home an atmosphere of relaxed sophistication. Pastoral views of the vineyards and woods are glimpsed from outdoor living spaces.
Guests staying at the villas, also have access to the estate’s facilities. These include a Brunello di Montalcino winery, two restaurants, a cooking school, 18-hole golf course and spa.
At a glance
- Lovingly restored four-bedroom home amongst the vineyards with a guest house, pool and pool house (580 sq. m.)
- The private, two-storey domicile has been carefully restored to reveal the authentic Tuscan craftsmanship of the original stone walls and timbered ceilings.
- Ground floor: Living room with fireplace; dining area; kitchen; two powder rooms
- First floor: Master bedroom with king bed and en suite bathroom; bedroom with king bed, walk-in closet and en suite bathroom; bedroom with two twin beds and en suite bathroom
- Guest annex: Bedroom with king bed, decorative fireplace and en suite bathroom; outdoor living area with shady pergola
- Pool house: Living room with decorative fireplace; kitchenette; shower room; outdoor terrace
- Enjoy a daily served breakfast every morning to the villa. Breakfast includes a selection of cold dishes, fresh juices, coffee, milk, yoghurt and a classic pastry basket with bread and croissants etc.
- Tuscan Dispensa (welcome grocery upon arrival) replenished daily along with a selection of Castiglion del Bosco estate wines.
- Lunch or dinner each day (the choice is yours) at one of the restaurants, or as an in-Villa dining experience prepared by one of the Chefs (alcoholic beverages excluded).
- The villa has a state-of-the-art technology with integrated control system for easy touchscreen control of air conditioning, lighting, audio and video, to iPads and Apple TV in the living room.
- Daily fully dedicated service by your housekeeping attendant from 8 am until 4.30pm; extra cleaning, if required, will be charged at a cost.
- Minibar items replenished daily (alcoholic beverages excluded). Newspaper application for Android and Apple devices.
- Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco offers its guests immersion into the world of Tuscan wine with vineyards located within the estate and along the coast. The on-site winery hosts an array of wine-tasting seminars, and an annual harvest event takes place in September.
- A super culinary destination, the resort features two outstanding restaurants, an organic kitchen garden and a cooking school. Executive Chef Matteo Temperini creates refreshingly simple dishes that respect and embody local culinary traditions.
- Learn to prepare authentic Italian cuisine, from traditional Tuscan dishes to fresh pasta and pizza at La Canonica Cooking School.
- The beautiful natural environment of Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco provides an ideal setting for an invigorating walk, hike or ride. Marked footpaths wind through the 5,000-acre estate, and designated hiking and mountain biking trails suit various levels of ability.
- The Club at Castiglion del Bosco is an exclusive private members’ golf club, with a Tom Weiskopf designed golf course. Guests can access the private golf club four times a year each.
- Check-in time: 4 p.m.; check-out time: 10 a.m.
- Rates also include: access to Kids Club and select kids' activities, use of The Spa, Fitness center, private heated infinity pool, bocce and tennis courts.
- We only make reservations on request, meaning our personalised offers are guaranteed to be the best available, and exclusive to our guests. Your reservation will be confirmed 24 hours after request. It then becomes definitive, and you will immediately receive an email confirmation with the details of your booking.
Enjoy the local area
ational and International Flights
Florence Airport – 119 km / 74 miles
Pisa Airport – 180 km / 112 miles
Rome Airport – 220 km / 137 miles
Ampugnano (Siena) – 44 km / 27 miles
Grosseto – 65 km / 40 miles
Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco has a private helipad on the estate, and the Rosewood Team can provide helicopter charter and transfer service to reach the estate rapidly and in full privacy.
To reach Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco in absolute comfort, we recommend booking a transfer in one of the resort’s fleet of private luxury cars or, for larger groups, a Mercedes van. Once in residence, rent one of the luxury cars to enjoy driving the Italian countryside at your leisure. A personalised meet-and-greet service to facilitate your passage through the airport, can be arranged.
Buonconvento is the closest railway station for local trains, located a 15-minute drive from the resort.
- Activity planning
- Airport transfers
- Car Rental Service
- Chauffeur service
- Concierge Service
- Cooking class
- Dry cleaning service
- Laundry service
- Massage services
- Personal assistent
- Personal trainer
- Pre-Arrival shopping
- Private chef
- Private excursions
- Private jet rental service
- Private transfers
- Restaurant reservations
- Room service
- Wedding service
- Wine tasting
- Yoga or Pilates teacher
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast included
- Coffee maker
- Flatscreen TV
- Full equipped kitchen
- Full use hotel facilities
- Heated floor
- Ipod dock
- Music System
- Satellite TV
- Smart TV
Entertainment & Experiences
- Antique carriage rides
- Board games
- Bocce court
- Cooking class
- Golf course
- Helicopter Pad
- Helicopter services
- Horseback riding
- Kid amenities
- Limo service
- Steam room
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Wine tasting
Linen & Supplies
- Bathroom amenities
- Pool Towels
- Dining Area
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor kitchen
- Outdoor shower
- Private pool
- Sun Loungers
- Swimming pool
- Bicycle rental service
- Celebration venue
- Golf shoe cleaning service
- Pets allowed