Tucked away within the medieval village of Megalohori, the enchanting Vedema, 440-year-old winery into an authentic, Cycladic-styled property.
- - Suites and Villas
- - Pergola Pool Restaurant
- - Canava Wine Bar
- - Fitness Center
- - Private Dining
- - Swimming Pool
- - Pool Bar
- - Open-Air Jacuzzi
- - Elois Spa
- - Concierge Services
An authentic village retreat in an exclusive setting
Vedema is inspired by the 400-year-old winery that has been seamlessly integrated into the heart of the resort, incorporating the sensitively restored ancient cellars.
Sunken pathways guide the way to the subterranean cave restaurant, the well-stocked wine cellar, the fully-equipped fitness center and the world-class Elios Spa.
The stylish, family-friendly resort, overlooking vineyards, the Aegean Sea and stunning sunsets. The 59 spacious suites and villas, all have their own terraces or patios and many with private jacuzzis or pools.
The complex of rooms has been traditionally handcrafted to reflect the warmth and sophistication befitting the island. Interiors have been thoughtfully styled by integrating the fresh, angular lines of Cycladic architecture with furnishings that offer sumptuous living and exclusive artwork.
The celebrated Greek decorator Aggelos Aggelopoulos designed the luxury master peace, The Presidential Villa, which was originally a captain’s house.
The restaurants and shops of Thira town are 5km away and the renowned archaeological site of Akrotiri is 6km away.
At a glance
- Vedema houses 59 spacious suites and villas, all with their own terraces and many with jacuzzis or private pools.
- The pool is nestled in the natural gardens of the resort grounds. Take a dip in the refreshing pool, lounge at the adjacent poolside bar.
- Relax in the warm jacuzzi under the shade of olive trees and bougainvilleas, while beverages and snacks from the jacuzzi bar delight and complete the tranquil atmosphere.
- Bask in the glowing island sun and take in the nearby olive and pistachio trees of the Vedema gardens.
- The first-class spa offers guests the opportunity to relax and unwind in the hands of experts. A wide range of therapeutic massages, beautifying face and body treatments ensure guests leave fully rejuvenated.
- Stay in shape at the state-of-the-art Fitness Center. Equipped with top-notch Cybex machines, it is complimentary to all guests and includes an outdoor sun patio.
- Alati Restaurant has evolved from the 400-year-old winery cave, made from distinctive stone walls that gives the eatery an enchanting atmosphere. Indoor or terrace dining, showcase the creative Mediterranean inspired menu giving guests a refined taste.
- Pergola Pool Restauran sits poolside and offers American-style buffet breakfast, traditional Greek cuisine, Mediterranean barbecues and snacks.
- Privé Dining offers the option, with an advance booking, for guests to savor, five- or seven-course degustation menus that highlight the myriad flavours of Santorini.
- Take in Santorini’s internationally renowned, picture perfect landscape while enjoying our endless list of activities. Ranging from mountain biking and wine tasting to water sports and guided tours, there is something to satisfy every interest.
- Celebrate a wedding? The experts of the hotel will arrange the perfect wedding for you. There are formal or casual receptions held at the Pool Restaurant, or for more privacy, the Canava Wine Bar. A private beach bonfire and barbecue are also impressive options.
- Check in 3 pm and check out 11 am.
- Pets are welcome, maximum 1 pet per room and max 5 kilogram for € 50,- euro non refundable fee per room per night.
- Rates shown represents the minimum rates per night. We only make reservations on request, meaning our personalised offers are guaranteed to be the best available, and exclusive to our guests.
Enjoy the local area
Located on the western side of the island of Santorini, Vedema resort is encircled by a traditional stone wall and surrounded by emerald vineyards, in an intimate setting just 7 km from Santorini’s airport and 5 km from the port.
Santorini Volcano Show
Perivolos Black Sand Beach
Hiking Trail Fira – Oia
Megalochori – Traditional Village
Beaches: Black or white volcanic pebbles, vertical cliffs, gold sand, spectacular lunar-like rocks and crystal clear, deep blue waters where you can swim or relax. Santorini’s beaches have their own charm with unique geolocical formations.
Helicopter tour: To see the splendor of Santorini and the surrounded islands there really is no better way than by helicopter. The grandeur of the volcano together with the beauty of the coast will stay in your memory forever when you have seen their true scale from the air.
Wine Tasting: The old setting of Canava Wine Cellar serves as delightful backdrop for our sunset wine ceremony. The unforgettable tasting of 7 exquisite indigenous wines with an excellent variety of Greek cheeses and crackers will evoke the spirit of Santorini and offer the utmost satisfaction.
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee maker
- Satellite TV
Linen & Supplies
- Bathroom amenities
- Pool Towels
- Concierge Service
Entertainment & Experiences
- Helicopter services
- Private excursions
- Sun Loungers
- Swimming pool