Set in verdant oasis of palm and olive trees, Amanjena lies outside the fabled red city of Marrakech. Inspired by ancient Moorish heritage, with rose-hued architecture and set around an emerald green basin, Amanjena echos the style of a sultan’s palace.
- - Pavilions and Maisons
- - Breakfast included
- - Pavilion Piscine with private Pool
- - Nama Japanese Restaurant
- - Spa and Hammams
- - Moroccan Restaurant
- - Fitness Centre
- - The Pool Terrace
- - Outdoor swimming pools
- - The lounges and The Bar
- - Tennis courts
- - Library
- - Golf course
- - Boutique
A secluded and peaceful paradise set on 15 acres of lush greenery.
Situated within an oasis of palm and olive trees, Amanjena (‘peaceful paradise’) lies just minutes from Morocco’s famous Djemaa el-Fna Square and the UNESCO-protected medina of Marrakech. Moorish heritage is reflected throughout the pisé-walled resort which echoes the style of a sultan’s palace.
Inspired by the rose-hued buildings of old Marrakech and its 12th-century Menara gardens, palatial Amanjena lies just outside the fabled Red City.
Amid shady courtyards with petal-strewn fountains, traditional earth-toned pisé-de-terre walls give way to the central bassin that nourishes the gardens. Radiating from this ornamental irrigation pool are spacious standalone guest pavilions, each with its own garden and gazebo, and many with private pools. Vaulted ceilings and Moorish arches house cool, elegant interiors, with a generosity of space reflecting the Sahara all around.
At a glance
- Amanjena’s forty pavilions and maisons radiate from the reflective bassin (irrigation pool) that lies at the heart of the property.
- The pavilions and Maisons are cool, elegant dwellings with Berber carpets scattered over zellij-tiled floors. The sound of running water in fountains soothes while chaise longues and candle lanterns lend classic Moroccan ambience. Several offer private heated pools.
- Enjoy warm days at the 33 m outdoor heated main pool with stunning views. There is a separate heated children's pool.
- Sheltered from the Moroccan midday sun, Amanjena’s open-air Pool Terrace unfolds beneath an array of gracious arches – an ideal setting for all-day dining. Enjoy views of olive groves, fairways and the High Atlas Mountains.
- Relax at the two-storey library with Moroccan daybeds with open fireplace.
- Destress at the Spa with four private treatment rooms and two hammams. The marble – clad hammam suites each feature their dressing area, shower, washroom and glassed – in whirlpool that opens onto a relaxation courtyard with a bubbling fountain.
- Besides through relaxation, you can enjoy activities at the fully equipped fitness center, the two clay tennis courts or at the Emelkis Golf Course and Al Maaden Golf Course. The tennis courses are floodlit for night play. Complimentary racquets and balls provided and there are two ''minzah'' pavilions for refreshments.
- Lit by a retractable skylight and centred around a marble fountain, The Moroccan Restaurant menu inspired by culinary traditions of Morocco.
- Near the main swimming pool, Nama Restaurant, serves Izakaya-style Japanese cuisine. Fresh seafood is delivered daily from Essaouira on the coast.
- Try one of the extraordinary signature cocktails, blend by Aman's award-winning bartender at the atmospheric The Bar, among the arches and pillars.
- Two Lounges are open throughout the day and one serves afternoon tea and the other cigars, drinks and shisha. During the winter period, the Lounges are glass-enclosed with open fire.
- The Caidal tent is available for romantic private dining or special events. Private dining is also available 24 hours a day for guests in the comfort of their own Pavilion.
- Restaurants are open to guests and non-residents.
- We only make reservations on request, meaning our personalised offers are guaranteed to be the best available, and exclusive to our guests. Your reservation will be confirmed 24 hours after request. It then becomes definitive, and you will immediately receive an email confirmation with the details of your booking.
Enjoy the local area
A varied landscape of rugged snow-capped mountains, parched desert dunes and winding coastline, Morocco has some of North Africa’s most diverse geography, all accessible from Amanjena. The ancient city of Marrakech radiates from its 12th-century medina, a red-walled former fortress crisscrossed by narrow lanes. Surrounding the city, the Palmeraie is an unexpectedly lush oasis that in turn gives way to the desert landscape, dotted with villages where little has changed for hundreds of years.
On the outskirts of Marrakech.
Adjacent to the Amelkis Golf Course.
45-minute drive from the foothills of the High Atlas Mountains.
Two-hour drive from Morocco’s Atlantic coastline.
To see and to do
Medina, Place Djemaa el-Fna, Koutoubia Minaret, Ben Youseff Medersa, Palaces, Gardens, The Secret Garden (Riad Loukrissi), Menara gardens, High Atlas Mountains, Essaouira.
The starkly beautiful, almost lunar landscape of Agafay is an otherworldly wonder that many visitors to Morocco never get to explore. Take one of Amanjena’s effort-saving e-bikes for a guided 35km ride across the ‘Marrakech Sahara’, taking in cacti, eucalyptus, historic villages and the eye-opening drama of the dunes.
20-minute drive from Marrakech Menara International Airport.
Direct flights available from Paris, London, Munich, Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona, Geneva, Frankfurt, Doha, Zurich and other major cities.
- Activity planning
- Airport transfers
- Baby cot
- Baby equipment
- Butler service
- Concierge Service
- Dry cleaning service
- Extra bed
- In room spa treatment
- Laundry service
- Massage services
- Personal trainer
- Private chef
- Restaurant reservations
- Room service
- Wedding service
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast included
- Coffee maker
- Flatscreen TV
- Heated floor
Linen & Supplies
- Bathroom amenities
- Pool Towels
- Celebration venue
- Pets allowed
- Sport and equipment rental
- Dining Area
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun Loungers
- Swimming pool
Entertainment & Experiences
- Golf course
- Hot air balloon ride
- Kid amenities
- Steam room
- Tennis court