Discover a heavenly hideaway away from the crowds at this romantic, family run country estate.
- - 15 Suite country house
- - Breakfast included
- - Restaurant
- - Heated saltwater pool
- - Bar
- - Vinyl Library
- - Beach nearby
- - Eco friendly
- - Farm
- - Food and wine tours
- - Bikes available
Welcome to Fazenda Nova, a secluded country house hidden away from the crowds of the Algarve, close to the beautiful coastal town of Tavira and the best beaches of the region. The charming 19th century house has been creatively renovated, presenting unique original features in perfect harmony with a skilfully infused contempary aesthetic. Romantic gardens surround the house, inviting you on a stroll through orchards, vegetable patches and herb gardens. Enjoy a dip in the heated salt water infinity pool which seamlessly blends into the landscape.
Fazenda Nova’s welcoming atmosphere created by the family run business, encourages you to enjoy the house at your own pace. You can even simply curl up on a sun lounger with a book from the house’s carefully curated library, brimming with vintage magazines, novels and non-fiction books. Fazenda Nova strives to be as sustainable as possible: its delicious restaurant uses local, seasonable and fresh ingredients sourced from the grounds or local farms, and water is treated on site for re-use. Many of the wooden furniture was remade from the original shutters.
It is possible to rent this complete house for yourself. All 15 bedrooms can be booked including, lounges with a fireplace, the bar, the ding area and 10 hectares of grounds. Heated saltwater swimming pool, sunbeams, man-made beach, vegetable garden and sea views. Including bikes, beach towels, a cleaning service every third day,
A private chef, yoga teacher, transfers can be arranged on request.
Fazenda Nova has fifteen suites. They are in five different categories: Garden Suites, Apartments, Loft Suites, Terrace Suites and Master Suites.
At a glance
- Garden Suites are 45m2, and feature king or super size wooden Balinese style beds, a private garden and REN amenities. Two apartment suites can sleep up to three people in a 45m2 space, and feature a kitchenette, and open plan living space. Each suite has a private garden with a fire pit for the winter months.
- Three loft suites from 49m2 to 72m2 are situated in the eaves of the main building, in a classic Fazenda Nova style.
- Terrace suites are perfect for two, each 45m2 with a king size wooden Balinese style bed, a large private terrace with sun loungers, seating area and a firepit.
- Master suites are a spacious 90m2, featuring a dining area, lounge, bedroom, and bathroom, and a private garden complete with a plunge pool and an outdoor rain shower.
- Discover your secluded sanctuary off the beaten track but closeby to some of the Algave’s best beaches.
- Curl up with a book from the vast library of books collected by the family for generations.
- Plunge into the heated, salt water infinity pool which blends in with the beautiful garden surroundings.
- Stroll around the gardens, orchards and vegetable gardens, situated on the 10 hectare countryside estate.
- Take pleasure in the knowledge that Fazenda Nova sustains and values the local community: taste the locally sourced dishes at their restaurant, or explore the local neighbourhood.
- 'A cozinha' is the Fazenda's restaurant. Seasonal menus reflect the produce growing in the kitchen garden and orchard. Fish is fantastic in this area - the nearby ria formosa is the major breeding ground for fish in the North Atlantic and we have the best fish market in the Algarve at nearby Olhao.The restaurant is closed Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays
- The Hotel is closed as of Mid-November up to March 1st. Check in: 2pm - 10 pm, Check out: noon but flexible subject to availability
- Rates show on our website, represents the minimum rates per suites. All prices on request and tailor made.
Enjoy the local area
Fazenda Nova is set in the heart of the Eastern Algarve just fifteen minutes from the historic and beautiful town of Tavira. Twenty five minutes from Faro airport.
Tavira sits on the river Gilao with a plethora of shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. In the centre by the Roman bridge is an amphitheatre that hosts summer concerts and festivals. An attractive town with grand buildings, a central square, pretty gardens and places to sit.
The coastline falls within the Ria Formosa Natural Park, great for bird watchers and nature enthusiasts. The estuary of the Formosa forms a series of islands – Farol, Culatra, Armona, Tavira and Fuseta – fabulous places to take a boat trip and just wile away the hours with island life.
There is so much to see and do in the area. All the towns and villages offer something different – the coastine is truly beautiful and worth exploring. Olhao, Fuseta, Santa Luzia, Santa Catarina are all special places to visit whether you want to head to the markets, up into the hills, take a stroll by the waterfront, a water taxi to the Islands, or just sit with a beer or coffee and watch the World pass by.
Faro Airport 23 km Portimão Airport 74 km
- Activity planning
- Airport transfers
- Concierge Service
- House keeping
- Laundry service
- Private chef
- Restaurant reservations
- Room service
- Wine tasting
- Yoga or Pilates teacher
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast included
- Coffee maker
- Concierge Service
- Laundry Room
- Music System
Linen & Supplies
- Bathroom amenities
- Pool Towels
Entertainment & Experiences
- Board games
- Horseback riding
- Swimming pool
- Wine tasting
- Dining Area
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun Loungers
- Swimming pool