A remote outpost by the sea, on walking distance of a hidden sand beach and the village of Azenhas do Mar, but also less than a 40 min car drive from Lisbon, the airport, Sintra, Cascais, Ericeira and several beaches.
- - Historical apartment
- - Breakfast basket on req
- - Fully equipped kitchens
- - Swimming Pool
- - BBQ Area
- - Outdoor Fitness
- - Honesty Pantry
- - Tennis court
- - Hot and cold plunge
- - Finish Sauna
- - Free Parking
- - Communal Laundry area
A ocean getaway, just 40 minutes from Lisbon
Casa das Arribas was built in the 1940’s as a family estate by re-known Portuguese architect Raul Lino. The house has been carefully renovated upgrading to modern standards.
Casa das Arribas stands proudly on the cliffs just outside the village of Azenhas do Mar overlooking the coast from Cabo de Roca to Ericeira.
The serviced holiday apartments combine the amenities of a luxury hotel with the space and privacy of your own vacation house.
The house is divided into six apartments, surrounded by a 9000 sq. m shared garden, swimming pool and tennis court. Each apartment has its own character, dimensions and features and some with fireplaces.
At a glance
- The 9'000 sqm garden is shared between all arpartments. Much of the original landscaping is preserved, with a wide array of tropical plants, with stone paths, terraces, and fireplaces calling for casual BBQs.
- A breakfast basket with an assortment of fresh local products (fresh orange juice, tea, coffee, bread, eggs, ham, cheese, jam, fruits, butter, etc.) is available on request (EUR 15 per person).
- Lunch and dinner including traditional Portuguese meals or a BBQ with the catch of the day from the local fisherman on request. Daily cleaning available on request.
- The pool is 12 x 6 m large and up to 2.5m deep with a bouncy diving board, shared between all parties. There are no gates and the pool is not supervised.
- The tennis / basketball court on our property calls for the next match. Equipment is available on site. Treat yourself to a training session with resident coach and former top 100 ATP player Fred Gil. Get in touch for pricing/packages.
- A Finnish sauna with large windows to the ocean, a hot-tub to linger and an ice tub to re-energize. Complete the treat with a massage in your apartment.
- The outdoor gym installation invites for a work-out on the high bars or the squad rack. Available equipment includes longbars with weights, barbells, tractor tires, kettlebells, TRX suspension straps,yoga mats, skate boards, balancing boards etc.
- The BBQ station in a newly arranged part of the garden. It has two large grills, running water and a worktop to prepare your meals. A long wooden table invites for outdoor dining between wild flowers and palm trees.
- There is a vegetable garden and depending on the season you should find courgette, tomatoes, herbs, lettuce, green beans, cabbage, paprika etc. ready for pick-up
- If you don't feel like going to the village for grocery shopping, there is a small on-site self checkout store which offers some of the basics (wines, beer, water, mik, tea, coffee etc). Just 10 minutes from the apartments there is an organic supermarket too.
- A cleaning fee of € 33,- is included in every booking.
- City tax of € 1,- per person per night (adults only) up to € 3,- is charged separately.
- Children of all ages are welcome. The pool, the garden, the nearby beaches etc. make it a perfect family get-away. Cots are available on request free of charge. There is no space for extra beds. Children and adults sleeping on the sofa bed are free of charge.
- Check in from 3 pm and check out 12 pm.
- Special extra when booking with High End Stay, a bottle of wine from local vineyard
Enjoy the local area
Casa das Arribas is located just outside the picturesque village of Azenhas do Mar, 40km from Lisbon.
Several beaches are within reach, including the ‘home beach’ in 5 min walking distance.
Lisbon, Sintra, Cascais, Ericeria are between 20 and 45 minutes by car. And yet, Casa das Arribas is a truly remote outpost, away from everyone and everything, standing there seemingly isolated on the cliff.
- Activity planning
- Airport transfers
- Car Rental Service
- Dry cleaning service
- In-room massage
- Private chef
- Restaurant reservations
- Water sports services
Linen & Supplies
- Bathroom amenities
- Pool Towels
- Coffee maker
- Full equipped kitchen
- Dining Area
- Outdoor shower
- Sun Loungers
- Swimming pool
Entertainment & Experiences
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Water sports