Experience the soul of Moroccan hospitality at the legendary luxurious boutique riad-hotel set in the heart of the ancient medina of Marrakech with different beautiful king-size rooms and suites
- - 5* Boutique hotel
- - Cooking school
- - 32 Rooms and suites
- - Two restaurants
- - Two swimming pools
- - Piano and Pool Bar
- - Spa
- - Library
- - Souvenir shop
- - Fitness
- - Shuttle service
- - Secret garden
An elegant authentic haven of tranquility
Located a short walk from Jemaa el Fna Square, a UNESCO heritage site, this intimate 32-room retreat is a legend in itself – born in the 1940s as the first restaurant in the medina open to foreigners, and lovingly restored in the 1990s to become the first boutique riad-hotel in Marrakech.
Here, you can walk in the footsteps of many famous visitors who came to dine, including Ernest Hemingway, Rita Hayworth and Winston Churchill, and rest amidst the aristocratic splendour of a traditional riad, graced with all the amenities and services of a luxury hotel.
Immerse in the charm of a bygone era and sumptuous comfort styled with an elegant blend of Moroccan and European design. Indulge in La Maison Arabe’s long tradition of refined Moroccan gastronomy, alongside international delights. Take part in the intricacies of Moroccan cuisine at the hotel’s world-renowned cooking school, where veteran local chefs divulge their age-old culinary secrets.
La Maison Arabe’s 32 king-size rooms and suites are charming havens of comfort and refinement. Set around the patio or on the garden side of the hotel, or in the privacy of the adjoining douiria, each room is unique in layout and design, combining contemporary elegance with Moroccan decorative elements. Most of the rooms have a fireplace and a private balcony or terrace where you can enjoy a drink under the stars. The bathrooms are crafted from Moroccan marble and granite, immersing you in the highest levels of luxury.
At a glance
- Beautiful elegance style boutique hotel with Moroccan decorative elements in the heart of the ancient medina of Marrakech.
- Relax in the swimming pool surrounded by candle lights.
- Enjoy the long tradition of refined Moroccan gastronomy and take part in the intricacies of Moroccan cuisine at the hotel's world-renowned cooking school, where veteran local chefs divulge their age-old culinary secrets.
- The two restaurants invite you to discover the diversity and richness of Moroccan cuisine.
- Join a three hours workshop at the cooking school. In the typical half-day workshop, you'll will learn to prepare an appetizer and a main dish, and be treated to a demonstration of the dessert before enjoying the fruits of your labour. You can join also an one hour express class where you can learn the ins and outs of preparing a Moroccan dish.
- Enjoy a drink and savour delicious Moroccan and Asian-inspired tapas in the cosy place the 'Piano Bar', during a pianist playing classic jazz melodies. The Piano Bar will be open at 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
- Feel yourself drift away on a cloud of wellbeing in the spa’s two hammams. Experience a traditional Moroccan massage using natural, indigenous products, beauty treatments such as facials and manicures and pedicures. The spa will be open at 11.00 am to 7.00pm.
- Unwind in the oasis of a luxurious secret garden at the hotel’s own Country Club sanctuary. A short shuttle ride away in the exclusive Palmeraie suburb, the idyllic Country Club boasts a stunning kasbah, a traditional Berber tent and fragrant gardens with flower-filled fountains.
- Something to celebrate? The hotel offers a unique setting for hosting events, whether a business meeting or wedding celebration. With the experienced team of the hotel can you look forward to a successful gathering that is memorable for all the right reasons.
- Please note that the patio view rooms and suites are only accessible by stairs. The garden view rooms and suites can be reached by either stairs or elevator.
- Check-in time at 2 pm and check-out time till 12 pm
Enjoy the local area
The hotel is located a short walk from Jemaa el Fna Square.
15 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the Medina, La Maison Arabe welcomes its guests to a peaceful oasis, in a private and luxuriant Mediterranean garden setting.
Le Jardin Secret – 610 m
Koutoubia Moskee – 790 m
Medina of Marrakesh – 1,09 km
Maison de la Photographie – 1,11 km
Jardin Majorelle – 1,39 km
Bahia Paleis – 1,55 km
El Badi Palace – 1,64 km
Saadian graven – 1,8 km
Rue Bab Doukkala Market – 130 km
- Air Conditioning
- Concierge Service
- Flatscreen TV
Linen & Supplies
- Bathroom amenities
- Pool Towels
- Swimming pool
- Shuttle service
- Currency exchange
Entertainment & Experiences
- Steam room