Contemporary Luxury Villa located on a private clifftop with a stunning panorama of Lokrum Island from five charming stone terraces, and with glorious views of Dubrovnik Old Town.
- - Cliff top Villa
- - Breakfast included
- - Three bedrooms
- - Buttler service
- - Outdoor pool
- - Laundry service
- - Five terraces
- - Private chef on request
- - Meditation room
- - In villa Spa service
- - Outdoor BBQ
- - Valet parking
Private cliff top villa with a stunning panorama of Lokrum Island
Villa Agave is an exclusively designed summerhouse, situated on a cliff above the Adriatic Sea, between the Old Town and the majestic Island of Lokrum. Formerly the residence of the famous archaeologist Sir Arthur Evans (from 1875 to 1882) – most famous for unearthing Knossos Palace on the Greek island of Crete, the villa has typical Mediterranean interiors with rustic wooden floors and timber ceiling beams. Adapted to a high degree of luxury, it is filled with interesting antique details and pieces of art by esteemed Croatian artists.
Legendary film director Francis Ford Coppola chose Villa Agave as his Dubrovnik ‘home away from home’; a place to rest and write in peace. He also stayed at and praises the nearby Hotel Excelsior Dubrovnik – a landmark retreat built in 1913 and still favoured by the famous – and where all Villa Agave guests are welcome to use the full suite of five-star facilities and services, including the Palm Terrace for decadent drinks at sunset, and perfect pampering in the spa.
The ground floor consists of two bedrooms with en-suite marble tiled bathrooms and a spacious living and dinning room with a fireplace. The heart is certanly a relaxation/meditation room (with original walls of the 13th century St. Lazarus chapel). On The upper floor there is a master bedroom with separate his and hers bathrooms, and a small library opening to the terrace. Villa Agave’s 397 m2 surroundings include five outside terraces overlooking Dubrovnik Old Town and the Island of Lokrum.
Immersing you in its relaxing atmosphere and comfort the villa features an intimate cliff-side beach and outdoor pool with ‘Active swimming’ mechanism; an open grill, and a small staff kitchenette.
With a 24-hour butler on hand throughout your stay, and a secluded cliff-side beach where you can lie while having a blissful massage, you will enjoy the flawless service for which Villa Agave is known and adored.
At a glance
- Exclusively designed villa of 270 m2 on a cliff above the Adriatic Sea, with three bedrooms, four bathrooms, private pool and access to the
- Legendary film director of 'Godfather' - Francis Ford Coppola chose Villa Agave as his Dubrovnik 'home away from home.
- The living room is ornamented on two sides by large original paintings by celebrated Croatian artists. One is by Romana Milutin Fabris, while the most talked about is a 1970's mural by the late Milovan Stanić.
- The heart of the villa is certainly the relaxation and meditation room. Look for the original walls of the 13th century St. Lazarus chapel. shhh...here’s a hint - two of the original walls now form part of the meditation room.
- Relax in your master bedroom quilted in original wood floors and timber ceiling-beams. Opulent linens ensure soothing sleep and comfort.
- A signature piece of the ground floor bathroom is the free-standing bathtub, made from a single piece of marble offering magical views over Lokrum Island and the crystal-clear Adriatic Sea.
- Immersing you in its relaxing atmosphere and comfort the villa features an intimate cliff-side beach and outdoor pool with ‘Active swimming’ mechanism; an open grill, and a small staff kitchenette.
- Sip a glass of champagne and enjoy the best views from your private outdoor pool.
- The villa offers the most amazing views from your terrace. Look left for a mesmerizing sweep of sea stretching as far as the eye can see, and, before you, the Old Town, the outstanding city walls surrounding the heart of Dubrovnik, and the stunning sunset unfolding right in front of you.
- In front of the villa, there is a private beach, accessible by the stairs, which will guarantee a totally relaxing and intimate experience of the beautiful crystal clear Adriatic Sea and Mediterranean coastline.
- All Villa Agave guests are welcome to use the full suite of five-star facilities and services of the nearby Hotel Excelsior Dubrovnik, including the Palm Terrace for decadent drinks at sunset, and perfect pampering in the spa.
- Yacht and boat charters, limousine service, in-villa spa treatments, laundry and dry-cleaning service, international newspapers, on-site security and private chef available on request at additional charge.
- Rates shown, represents the minimum rate per night per villa during low season. We only make reservations on request, meaning our personalised offers are guaranteed to be the best available, and exclusive to our guests.
- The price includes: VAT (if applicable), private transfer from/to Dubrovnik airport, à la carte breakfast, 24-hour butler service, housekeeper, concierge service, car park and valet service.
Enjoy the local area
Known as the Pearl of the Adriatic, Dubrovnik lies at the extreme south of Croatia, basking in glorious Mediterranean sunshine for much of the year. A fairy tale fortress of wonderful Baroque, Gothic and Renaissance churches, aristocratic palaces, red-roofed townhouses, magnificent monasteries and fascinating history, it is almost impossible to feel anything but uplifted and inspired here.
Wander the bustling boutiques, markets and bars; savour freshly caught seafood while gazing out to sea at sunset; walk along the iconic walls, or take a cable car up to Mount Srđ for the most spectacular views of Dubrovnik. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Old Town and its towering walls rise above the 13th-century main street that literally sparkles in the sun. No wonder so many consider Dubrovnik to be such a precious gem. In fact, the origins of the Croatian language and its classic literature can be traced back here, and the city remains an epicentre of culture, art, music and science. All this surrounded by a brilliant-blue seascape, charming beaches and idyllic islands.
Distance – beach: 10 m
Distance – airport: 18 km – Čilipi (Dubrovnik Airport)
Distance – restaurant: 400 m – Old Town of Dubrovnik
Distance – shop: 400 m – Old Town of Dubrovnik
- Access to thermal area
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast included
- Butler service
- Coffee maker
- Flatscreen TV
- Full equipped kitchen
- Satellite TV
- Activity planning
- Airport transfers
- Boat charters
- Chauffeur service
- Concierge Service
- Laundry service
- Massage services
- Personal trainer
- Private chef
- Private excursions
- Restaurant reservations
Linen & Supplies
- Bathroom amenities
- Pool Towels
- Dining Area
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun Loungers
- Swimming pool
Entertainment & Experiences
- Beach club
- Steam room
- Swimming pool